Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dirty 3-0!!!

First who came up with the saying "Dirty 30"? Why do we have to be Dirty?  Can't we be "Fantabulous 30" or.........whatever I suck a creating new words.  So I guess I will say I am now officially in the "Dirty 30" Club.  Yep, I have been 30 for two days now and it has been great so far. 

I did enjoy my 20s but I didn't live them to the fullest.  I am thankful to say good-bye to 29 though.  29 was a very hard year for my family and I.  I am welcoming my 30s with open-arms and ready to really start living life.  I feel like my 20s were so busy with college, growing up, getting married, being a wife, becoming a mother, and so on, that I let some of my dreams slip away and often watched life just fly right by. 

I have always heard your 30s are great because you truly start to feel comfortable in your own skin and you have a better understanding of who you are and what you want in this ONE life we are given.  I am thankful for my 20s since they brought me my husband, our first child, my college degree, great friends, and much more.  However I truly can't wait to see what the "Dirty 30s" have to offer. 

Here are a few things I am determined to cross off my "Goals, Dreams, and Adventures List" aka Bucket List........
1-Get my degree in Photography.
2-Take cooking classes in baking, sushi, basic skills of cutting, etc. 
3-RUN a 5K.  I have done two 5Ks in my life but I walked/jogged them.  I want to RUN
4-Renew our Wedding Vows on 10th Anniv. (two years to go)
5-Find the following - Church Home, MOPS, and Women's Bible Study.

Above are just a few on what looks like a mile long list of mine.  Right now the 5 above are feeling the most important to me.  Hope you all have a FABULOUS Sunday and whether you are in your 20s, 30s, or even in your 50s......I pray you are enjoying your life. 

Taken from Google Images

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I think it's the "Purty 30". Somebody just chose dirty cause it rhymes. Take it from a 38 year old....you are only as old as you feel. :) Happy Birthday my friend! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! I think I am going to stick with Purty 30 because I love that so much more :) It was a wonderful birthday and we miss you guys too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...