Monday, October 17, 2011

28-31 Weeks

Dear Peanut,
Oh boy I am ever late writing to you.  I really wanted to do better about Blogging my pregnancy with you on the Blog.  I will say, as each day passes your dad and I are over the moon excited to meet you.  We keep talking about you to your brother but he just doesn't seem to get that you are in my belly.  He laughs and says no baby brother for me!  However, he will see babies in stores or friend's babies and gets super excited. 

As for what we have been doing since I last wrote you, well a lot.  We have slowly but surely organized and cleaned the house (more like rearranging rooms, decluttering, and working on the garage), have been on several trips - Charleston, SC, Gatlinburg, TN, Charlotte, NC, had a "Sprinkle in a Box", and celebrated my 30th Birthday.

The "Sprinkle in a Box" was thrown for us by the wonderful Shelly.  Think I will keep that for another post because there are some amazing gifts for you and your room that I can't show until you are born.  I will just say that my "Ohio Girls" (we all became friends in Ohio but are now spread across 8 different states) are some of the best women in this world!!  The Sprinkle in the box came at a time when I needed their love and support the most.  Can't wait to share the gifts, cards, well wishes, and one day for you to meet them all!

I decided to pick up a journal for you and a journal for your brother to also help record new words, milestones, funny stories, etc.  Lately my drive to Blog isn't what it used to be.  I do promise to do better about recording your life and your brother's life.  As a gift to pass onto you, your kids, and your kids kids one day.
Love,
Your Mom

Pregnancy Highlights

Size of Baby -
You measure over 16 inches long.  You weigh about 3.3 pounds (about four navel oranges)

Weight Gain/Loss -
No weight gain but no weight lose either. 


Maternity Clothes -
Took a "Me" Day and went shopping this past Saturday.  Bought some really cute outfits at Old Navy and even a cute pair of skinny jeans.  I thought they help offset my big belly HA!


Gender -
Wonderful boy whom we still haven't shared the name with family/friends.  However you have a few nicknames with of course Peanut being one and then Elvis George May.


Movement -
I read the following "He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy." This is so very true about you Peanut.  I think you move more than your brother did.  So much I have this feeling you just might be longer in length than your brother.  Guess we will see come December.

Sleep -
Sleep has actually gotten a lot better! Reason being is I finally have started taking anti-heartburn medicine the Dr. gave.  Still get up to move, pee, or lay there feeling you move but sleep has gotten better.  Hope it stay!

Cravings -
Anything and everything sweet.  I truly could eat cake, cupcakes, and M&Ms for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Your dad just laughs watching me fight the horrible sweet tooth cravings.  They are bad!


Symptoms -
Heartburn is totally gone for the most part.  Some days it will flair up but nothing like before.  Everyone once in awhile I think I am having Braxton-Hicks but you are so low and always moving that I don't know for sure.  Either way nothing major and no swelling so far!

Best Momenst Of The Past Few Weeks -
-Family vacations to Charleston, Gatlinburg, and Charlotte
-The Sprinkle in a Box
-Finding your bedding


This Week's Activity -
-Well still slowly but surely buying things for your room and your brother's room.  Biggest catch is that his bedroom furniture hasn't come in yet.  Once it does then we can really work on both of your rooms.
-Celebrating your dad pinning on Captain tomorrow!!
-Registering at Target and maybe Babies R Us or Amazon

There you are!!!
30 Week Belly
The very last picture taken by your dad, 
on our way home, from Gatlinburg, TN.

Inspiration for your brother's room

Two inspirations for your room -
the canvas was painted by Shelly

1 comment:

  1. Sweet memories! I love the canvas Shelly painted. She is amazing! Glad you are doing so much better. Can't wait to hear the baby boy's name! And Congrats to the Captain!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...