Wednesday, October 26, 2011

32.5 Weeks

Dear Peanut,

What a wonderful week our family has had!! Your dad pinned on Captain and we couldn't be more proud of him.  He didn't want to do a ceremony or have any one make a big deal out of it though.  However, I truly believe in celebrating life and every joyful thing you can, so I pulled a mini surprise for your dad.  I made his favorite, Red Velvet Cupcakes, and brought them to work.  Along with a beautiful coin rack for his desk (when you are old enough to understand, your dad will explain the history of the Air Force Coins). 

I would not have been able to pull off the surprise without the help of a coworker (cleared the schedule so I could come up to the office) and your Bice Grandparents (they helped in getting the coin rack).  *Side note, I have become really bad lately about taking pictures lately.  So bad that I do not have a photo of your dad in his uniform and new rank.  As well as a 32 week belly picture.  Must do better!!

We didn't make it to a Pumpkin Patch this year which disappointed me a little but we did manage to get a Pumpkin for your brother.  After I write to you, we are going outside to decorate his Pumpkin.  Watching your brother get so excited about Trick-Or-Treating and Pumpkins, makes your dad and I giddy with anticipation in having two boys to celebrate the Holidays with!

This past week we also had our 32 week Dr. Appointment.  First time we were able to go as a family.  Your brother could have cared less until we listened to your heartbeat.  Peanut, you have one of the strongest heart beats ever!!!  Your dad's head popped up and he just instantly started smiling.  But the funniest was when your brother's eyes widen and he replied "whoa whats that?!?!"  After we explained what it was, we got a "oh cool" out of him and back to his ABC game on the iPad he went. 

We have started noticing a change in him since the appointment though.  He will climb on the couch to snuggle with me/us and will lay his hand on my belly.  Or out of no where, he will run up to me, wrap his arms around my legs, and kiss my belly.  Then he smiles and takes off running again.  I believe he is very ready for you to be here!

Like I said earlier, I don't have any new pictures for this week but promise to do better.  Especially of my ever growing belly.  We have a fun filled, packed weekend ahead of us for Halloween.  As fun as this weekend will be, I have a feeling next year's Halloween is going to be the best....YOU will be here to celebrate with us!
Love,
Your Mom

Pregnancy Highlights

Size of Baby -
By now, you weigh around 3.75 pounds and are about 16.7 inches long.  Peanut, you should gain a third to half of your birth weight during the next 7 weeks as you fatten up for survival outside the womb.  Coolest thing is, you now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz.  Which when your brother was born, he had a full head of jet black hair).  I love that your skin is becoming soft and smooth as you plump up in preparation for birth.

Weight Gain/Loss -
I have gained 4 lbs.  I had this weird feeling of feeling like a cow, but I had to remind myself my body is playing catching.  Especially since I have lost 25lbs since pregnant with you.  Weight gain is good!!

Maternity Clothes -
I am loving the maternity clothes I bought! I can still wear my regular jeans, which I do most days, but I have to leave the button undone.  Otherwise you like to kick and let me know you need more room.  

Gender/Name -
Well Elvis George May, I have slipped your name a few times while in conversation.  The people in the conversation with were either not paying attention OR being super nice and acting like they didn't hear your name. 

Movement -
Dr has told me to purchase a belly girdle type of band because you are so low and active, that you are now causing pain.  Often my lower belly and right leg will either go numb or have sever stretching/ripping sensation.  I am beyond thankful you are so active (positive signs you are healthy) but little man, your mom still has 8ish weeks left to carry you.  My goal this week is to find this girdle band and hope it helps. 

Sleep -
Between where you are positioned, your level of nighttime activity, and I can't seem to get comfortable, sleep hasn't happened a lot this week.  I still like to grab your dad's hand while he is sleeping so he can feel what you are doing inside my belly.  He just giggles!!

Cravings -
This week has been a normal week for cravings.  Well, I guess if you call wanting green olives all the time "normal".  However your brother loves it because he would eat olives all day if we allowed him to!

Symptoms -
No swelling or heartburn.  Just battling the pain that is mentioned above.  New one is crying.  I find myself so teary eyed at seeing babies, newborn clothes, or looking through your brother's baby pictures.  I just laugh at the big sap I have become!

Best Moments Of The Past Week -
-Your dad is now a Captain of the USAF
-As a family listening to your heartbeat
-Booking a photographer for maternity/newborn photos

This Week's Activity -
-All things Halloween and Trick-Or-Treating
-Purchasing some cute outfits for you (newborn photos and coming home outfit)

If you were a fruit, this is the size you would be, in my belly. 
However, I like to envision you as a baby, not as a food item.
Peanut you are already one adorable baby!

3 comments:

  1. Reading your entries makes me so excited for your own! Can't wait to see pictures of Elvis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Will be sending up many prayers for the remainder of your journey! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kati - Thank You and so very sweet!!!
    Anna Joy - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...