Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mustard Chicken

This recipe is adapted from my mom.  I have yet to learn how she makes it and hers is ten times better than mine.  Until I do here is how I make her Mustard Chicken - Enjoy!!!

Mustard Chicken
-One package of skinless boneless Chicken breasts (mom uses Turkey Tenderloins)
-Flour
-Oil
-1-2 Eggs (Scrambled)
-Dry Seasonings for Flour (I use garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and slight Tony's)
-2 Bottles of Turkey Gravy (even though I am using Chicken Breast I stick with Turkey Gravy)
-Mustard (Yellow with option of Spicy Brown or Grey Poupon)
-2 cups of Rice

-Cut Chicken Breasts into strips (if I have time I pound them out but normally forget that step)
-Drudge Chicken into Egg and then into Flour (sprinkle flour before hand with seasonings.  I usually go by smell.  As in add enough spices until the flour smells great)
-Fry Chicken in oil until golden brown on all sounds and cook through.
-While Chicken is cooking cook your rice (usually minute rice here for time)
-When Chicken is finished lay on plate and drain oil from pain.
-Dump the gravy into the pan and start adding the mustard.  I add mustard until it tastes like Mustard Gravy.  Usually just plain Mustard unless I have another Mustard in frig. 
-Once the gravy tastes the way you like add the chicken back into the gravy.  Simmer on low to reheat chicken and gravy.
-Serve Mustard Chicken over Rice. 

2 comments:

  1. YUM! And I haven't been ignoring you. Your blog just popped back up into my updates. It had been missing for weeks. Wierd.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Sunni!!! I have several Blogs that are not showing up in my list lately either. Not sure if it is Blogger or just alot of internet traffic lately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...