Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cheese Dip and 6-Layer Dip Recipes

I didn't get a chance to take photos of these two new recipes but from how the serving dishes were clear and one even looked like it was licked clean I say they were a success last night.  Enjoy and let me know what you think if you try them!!  Things in ( ) are my notes

Zippy Peach Spread - Jen/Feb '10 Issue of TS Simple & Delicious
-1 pkg (8oz) Cream cheese, softened
-2/3 c. peach preserves (I bought what was cheapest at WM but made sure it was GF)
-1-1/2 tsp. prepared horseradish (WM was out of plain horseradish so I bought horseradish sauce.  Only used 1 tsp.)
-1-1/2 tsp. ground mustard (used 1 tsp.)
-1/4 tsp. white pepper (was out so didn't use any pepper)
-Assorted Crackers (I served with Ritz and Gluten Free Crackers)

Place cream cheese on a serving plate.  In a small bowl, combine the preserves, horseradish, mustard, and pepper; pour over cream.  serve with crackers.
Yield: 10 servings

Six-Layer Dip - Kraft Food & Family Spring '10
-1 ripe avocado, cut in half, divided
-1 pkg (8oz) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened (WM brand)
-1 c. Breakstone's or Knudson Sour Cream (WM brand)
-2 Tbsp. Taco Bell Home Originals Taco Seasoning Mix (to make it GF I used McCormick's Taco Seasoning)
-3 Tbsp. Taco Bell Home Originals Thick 'n Chunky Salsa (to make sure it was GF and wanted fresh tasting I used a fresh batch of salsa)
-1 small tomato, chopped
-3/4 cup Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese (WM brand and used sharp cheddar)
-2 green onions, sliced (forgot these at WM so none was added)

Mash - half the avocado with cream cheese until well blended; spread onto bottom of pie plate (I didn't read the recipe and used the whole avocado to mash with cream cheese. Then I added about 1.5 tsp of the seasoning to flavor the mixture)

Mix - sour cream and seasoning mix (which was about 1 Tbsp since added some already to cream cheese mixture); spread over cream cheese mixture.  Chop remaining avocado (when I make again will buy two avocados - one to mix with cream cheese and other to chop and add on top of dip); mix with salsa.  Spread over sour cream layer; cover with remaining ingredients.

Refrigerate - several hours or until chilled.  Serve with Ritz Toasted Chips Cheddar (I served with Yellow Corn chips to have it GF dip)

Special Extra - garnish with chopped cilantro (I didn't because not a big fan of cilantro)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...