Saturday, December 4, 2010

4th Day of Christmas

Hubby is working this weekend so it is just Gabriel, the dog (Bailee), and I.  Oh don't let me forget the snow too!!!  It has been falling since I woke up.  It is truly something magically to have snow falling in December to kick start the Christmas Season (or whatever Holiday you and your family may celebrate).  Our plans for today is nothing special but get our Christmas Card list together.  However this is very special to me.  The one time of the year (next to my birthday) that I anxiously check the snail mail everyday looking for Christmas cards from our family and friends!!  Then tonight I am hoping Nathan gets home early so I can go to a Christmas Card making GNO. 

So if you and your family are getting your Christmas cards ready to mail and have one or two left over, here is a place to send a extra special one.  The Red Cross will take Christmas Cards/Letters and mail them to the troops who 9 years later are still fighting in a war to keep us safe.  I am truly blessed and thankful that this Christmas I will have my Airmen at home.  I know that this won't always be the case, so seeing the Red Cross send letters truly warms my heart and something I make sure I do.  May God continue to bless our troops and especially their families this Christmas Season and every day till they come home safe and sound!!

http://redcrosschat.org/2010/10/26/holiday-mail-for-heroes-2010/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...