Thursday, December 9, 2010

9th Day of Christmas

What a night!!! Today was long with shopping for this weekend's Christmas Party and cookies for the Med. Group Cookie drive.  Gabriel has this new thing that the buggy is for him and him alone.  This means that my groceries get thrown out of the buggy as fast as I put them in.  Lord the day might come for me to sell this kid to the highest bidder.....kidding...I think!

Nathan surprised us and came home early tonight.  Fabulous because I could really get in the kitchen and cook dinner tonight.  Meatloaf, Twice Bakes Potatoes, Rolls, and Gravy.  Sorry no veggies because wasn't in a veggie mood.  I have come to realize that Gabriel is on a potato strike.  As in finger playing and potato throwing strike.  Hope he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night hungry!!

Tonight's Christmas celebration was reading Christmas books.  We read The Polar Express and Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.  He LOVED The Polar Express and Santa was okay but not great compared to his choo-choo.  Then it was opening the Advent Calendar for his piece of chocolate.  I love how he gets excited over chocolate like his mom!!!!

The night was finished off with farts....lots and lots of farts.  See, we have this couple friend whom we LOVE.  Mr. Will has taught Gabriel "Pull my finger".  For the longest Gabriel really didn't get the concept, Nathan and I just laugh, and I wish my grandpa lived closer because he would be so proud.  However tonight, the act finally clicked in Gabriel's brain.  He was running around the house laughing and dancing, to take a break every so often to pull one of our fingers.  Then let out this loud fart sound with his mouth.  Lord help us when this child learns how to fart on command!!!! 

No pictures to share for tonight just great memories stored in our hearts.  Hope you and your family are cherishing this Christmas season so far and creating as many memories as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...