Monday, December 13, 2010

13th Day of Christmas

Gabriel and I baked 10 dozen cookies today.  All in one day, no melt downs, and Gabriel was the best helper ever!!!!  Why so many cookies you ask?  I am part of the Medical Wives Spouses Group (or whatever the group's title is).  Every year in December we plate almost 200 plates of cookies for all the Med. Group Units.  Tonight we had another successful cookie drive and it only took us 30 minutes to plate all the cookies.  I love when people come out to help!!

Today was the first time that Gabriel actually wanted to be in the kitchen with me.  I think it has to do with his new pool, tool, noooo stool, momma! (Gabriel forgets it is called a stool but remembers it correctly after he goes through the list of words LOL).  At first he just wanted to play in the water with all the measuring cups and spoons.  I didn't mind because I just wanted my little man in the kitchen with me.  We danced, listened to Christmas music, and had a few moments of splashing each other. 

Then this all changed when the first batch of Cowboy cookies came out of the oven.  One look at the warm, soft cookies, and Gabe wanted to do whatever it took to get a cookie.  So I finished the Cowboy cookies and moved on to the Snickernoodles.  Then the real fun began.  Talked about how my mom (Dee Dee to Gabriel) made these cookies for my brother and I all the time when we were little.  When I was teaching Gabriel how to roll the dough around in the sugar and cinnamon, he would sing cookie, cookies, COOKIES, oh Dee Dee.  Made me laugh and miss my mom so much!!! 

Then I heard my phone buzz and left Gabriel alone with the cookies.  Not such a great idea because the little rascal decided to try out the cookies.  More like the cinnamon and sugar.  All I heard was oh, wow, yum, YUMMY.  He truly was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I just got home a little while ago and finished the last batch of cookies.  Coconut cookies that is!!  They are really yummy and even my hubster loved them.  Well the ones without coconut around the edges....not a coconut flake fan.  Check out Martha Stewart's blog for the recipe - Coconut Cookie Sandwich  I need make these cookies again because even though they were wonderful tasting, something was off about them.

Water is better until....

Cowboy Cookies are done!!

Singing a new song -
Cookie, Cookies, COOKIES, Oh my Dee-Dee

So BUSTED!!! LOL

Getting the tables ready

Cookies ready to be delivered

Then these yummy goodness!!!
Coconut Cookie Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...