Saturday, August 7, 2010

Chocolate Hazelnut Pie w/Cool Whip

So tonight is our monthly GNO (Girl's Night Out) which really should be GNI (G.N.In) b/c we stay in and have a blast.  So I have been wanting to try this recipe for awhile now and decided to make it for tonight.  It is my first time to make a homemade pie and homemade cool whip.  First let me start with the coolwhip - OMGoodness it is fabulous!!!  It truly may just be okay to most people but I do NOT like Cool Whip and when I licked the spatula (after I was done...of course) I impressed myself!!  Then I am hoping the pie turns out okay since I thought I had more Nutella than what I actually had.  I guess Nathan and Gabriel really do like Nutella.

Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
-1 (8oz) Cream Cheese, softened
-1/3 c. Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)
-1/2 c. sugar
-1 egg
-1 c. heavy cream
-1 t. vanilla
-1/2 c. toasted hazelnuts, chopped
-2 T. mini-chocolate chips
-1 Chocolate Pie Crust (I used store bought till I find a recipe)

-Large Bowl, combine cream cheese, hazelnut spread, and 1/4 c. sugar 
-Beat on Mediuam for 3 minutes or well blended
-Add egg and 1/4 c. hazelnuts and beat till blended
-Pour batter into crust and bake 30 minutes or until center is just set.
-Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
-Once pie has cooled, beat heavy cream, remaining 1/4 c. sugar and vanilla on high speed until medium  
  peaks form.
-Spread over pie and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. hazelnuts and mini chocolate chips.

**Pictures soon - camera battery died after last picture taken.  ENJOY!!**

1 comment:

  1. It was so delicious! I just loved the whipped cream...hooray for the new Kitchenaid mixer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...