Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chipotle Sliders

So I have slacked off posting our family menus don't think anyone really cares guess just plain lazy. Lazy about Blogging in general.  Especially since I have written down notes of great things to Blog about!!!  Then those Blog ideas get tossed out because other follow Bloggers have beat me to it and who wants a copy cat Blogger??? 

Okay back on track...tonight's dinner was Chipotle Sliders.  Oh my!!  After one bite my mind drifted to that scene in When Harry Met Sally at the diner table and well if you have never seen the movie go watch.  Second bite my mind went holy cow these are really yummy but CRAP that are hot!!!  So make these sliders and follow the recipe but to take off a layer "crap that is hot" skip the mayo and just use ketchup (Nathan did).  Oh, I also should say WOOHOO to the hubs making dinner tonight....thanks babe!!

Chipotle Sliders - $500 winner in June/July 2010 Taste of Home Simple & Delicious Magazine
-1pkg (12oz) Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
-1 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. pepper
-8 tsp. minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, divided
-1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
-10 slices pepper Jack cheese
-1/2 cup mayonnaise

Place 2 rolls in a food processor; process until crumbly. 
Transfer to a large bowl; add the salt, pepper, and 6 tsp. chipotle peppers. 
Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
Shape into 10 patties

Grille burgers, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 and juices run clear. 
Top with cheese
Grills 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted

Split remaining rolls and grill, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.  Combine mayo and remaining chipotle peppers; spread over roll bottoms
Top each with a burger
replace roll tops!

**ENJOY**  Side Note, blog might be going through some more changes.  This Fabulous Blogger left a wonderful comment on my page.  When I went to check her out I noticed at the end of each blog was a section where you can click on older blogs - really like that!  Plus I need to add a signature one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...