Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Strawberry Festival

Was fun this year but bitter sweet too. Last year our friends Don and Terrell along with their fabulous son and Gabe's first friend, Price took us to the Strawberry Festival. It was HOT, crowded, and did I mention it was HOT?!?!?! Gabe was almost 6 months old last year when we went and this year he is almost a year and a half old. When we were riding the bus I was wondering what The Michael family was doing at that exact same moment. Since they are half way around the world in Guam probably sleeping!!!

This year we went with Amanda, Corrie, and Elizabeth along with Elizabeth's two adorable children!! Weather was picture perfect, in the 70s with a nice breeze and sun. However there was one issue....all weekend it rained, then poured, then rained again. So this equaled a muddy hot mess. I wore my tennis shoes and huge mistake. Everyone else wore their flip flops and end up walking away with a mud pedicure.

The Strawberry Festival is full of Strawberry things to eat and all strawberries are from a local farm, Fulton Farms. Last year I didn't sample any of the strawberry things but this year I did (it was just way to hot for me to eat)!!! :D Nathan got the Strawberry Funnel Cake topped with strawberries and whip cream. I sampled the Strawberry Salsa which I wasn't that impressed with. I honestly thought it tasted like jar salsa with chopped up strawberries added to it. However, our trip ended with the best Strawberry food item....STRAWBERRY DOUGHNUTS!!! Man oh' man are they yummy. With all this I took zero pictures...not even of our muddy toes. Check out The Troy Strawberry Festival at least once I say! Make sure to make a pit stop under the bleachers to try one of the doughnuts!!!


2009 Strawberry Festival
2010 Strawberry Festival -
man he is growing up way to fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...