Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

I will first start by saying, that this September, Nathan and I will be together 10 years dating with 7 years married December. Of all our time together, this was our first Easter to spend apart and man it truly sucked (sorry no other word fits for how I felt). He had to work, which I am not complaining that we have a job, money to pay bills, health insurance, blah blah blah, but just bummed because he had to work on one of my favorite holidays (next to Christmas and my birthday - what you didn't know October 14th was a holiday???).

As a Air Force Wife, one of my favorite sayings is "pull yourself up by your boot straps and move on". So I did just this and ended up having a wonderful weekend with Gabriel and friends. BBQ, Easter Egg Hunt, Low Country Shrimp Boil (like a crawfish boil but with Shrimp and different seasonings), Church, Easter lunch, and of course, a visit from the Easter Bunny!! Sometimes your military family truly become your family and this past weekend I really felt loved by our military family.

Gabe's 1st Easter Egg Hunt - he found 3 eggs!
Was to busy shaking the eggs and dancing.

Yep another reason to lose weight
- man my face looks chunky
Along with a visit from the EB, Gabriel's grandpa in Mississippi
sent him filled Easter Eggs - one was Golden!
Easter 2009 - yes I dressed my son up as a EB and
no I don't feel bad :)
2010 - our little guy is growing up!
How I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter. Even though we didn't get to spend our Easter as a family, I am thankful for my continuing Faith as a Christian and thank God everyday for my husband and son!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed spending part of Easter with YOU guys and I'm thankful for our military family too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...