Monday, February 14, 2011

VDay Part 1

We truly don't really celebrate this "holiday" because neither one of us understands why so many focus all the love they have for their partner on just one day.  What about the other 364 days you can share and show the love, romance, and compassion?  We have alway exchanged cards because I am a sucker for the poems and letters Hubster writes to me.  But for bought gifts or chocolates, yeah not really our thing. 

However, throw a kid in the mix and I get all crafty and lovey-dovey ;)  This year I somehow even get sucked into buying gift(s) - not the normal handmade gifts to one another.  Since Hubster has to work VDay I made our VDay breakfast this morning (Sunday).  Nothing big just pink heart shaped pancakes, sausage, eggs, and my hand at free flow handwriting in pancakes...that I so need more practice! 

I-Heart-You
Yep need more practice!!

 
1st time making over easy eggs for Hubster.
Seriously don't get how people can eat
their eggs like that but Hubster loves it!

Then hubs did something he has never done before.  He surprised me with a "real" gift - an iPad!!!!  Totally shocked but I guess paying off our Best Buy Creidt Card and my student loans (YES those babies are gone!!!!) got him in the celebrating mood.  I might be MIA after this post due to  researching apps, iPad for dummies, etc.

Since he gave me my present early I was nice and did the same (super glad I bought into buying a gift this year).......

That face says it all!!!!

Two One-Minute Sessions at an Indoor Skydiving
place in Raleigh, NC
(thanks Groupon)
*Don't you love the kid's cheese lips!!*


Hope you come back Tuesday to see how Gabriel and I decorated for our Family's Date Night In for Valentine's Day. 

2 comments:

  1. Cute pancakes! Hope you enjoy the iPad :)
    Skydiving???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend!!! Yep Skydiving is on our Bucket List and Groupon had it as steal last week :) Can't wait to check it out! Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...