Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pizza Sauce - Recipe

Way back before September we usually did a weekly pizza and a movie night.  Usually celebrated on Friday or a Saturday night all depending on hubs work schedule.  Last night was pizza night and man have I missed it!!  Well technically we didn't get to the pizza part because we ran some last minute errands and ended up with Chinese...we did get the movie though.  Tonight will be part 2 of pizza night at our home.

As much as I L-O-V-E pizza I am not a fan of the sauce.  It is usually too sweet for my liking or it is the "you want crust with all that sauce???".  I set out about a year ago looking for the perfect pizza sauce and I found it!!  I use good ole Google to find a pizza sauce recipe.  However, I can't remember where on Google I found the following recipe from...sorry!  It is the perfect combination of sweet and spice.  It is super easy to make.  Will for warn you, that is makes a ton of sauce.  Good part is it freezes fabulously.  Enough where usually 2 ladle full of sauce per pizza and that equals to be about 5-7 pizza nights!!  Okay now to the good part - Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe.....Enjoy!!

Homemade Pizza Sauce
-3 garlic cloves
-3 T. olive oil
-1 (29oz) can of Tomato Puree
-1 (28oz) can of Crushed Tomato
-2 T. Brown Sugar
-1 T. Italian Seasoning
-1 t. Dried Basil
-1/2 t. salt
-1/2 t. red pepper flakes

-Saute garlic in oil until tender
-Add all the other ingredients
-Bring to boil
-Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes

My ingredients...forgot fresh garlic so this garlic was used

Need a good pot and a spoon...keep this spoon in mind!

Woops!! Forgot the oil and garlic picture.  This is
all the tomatoes mixed with garlic and oil

Add Brown Sugar...trust me!

Mix to dissolve all the br. sugar...ahhh there is that spoon again!

So I totally spaced out and forgot the rest of my recipe pictures.  Sorry about that.  However once you dump in the seasoning all that is left is to boil and then simmer.  Besides a watched pot never boils anyway right?!?!  I hope you try this recipe and let me know what you think.  If you have a sauce recipe that you think is awesome share!! I can't promise that I will try it but maybe my readers will want to!

3 comments:

  1. I love your commentary!! "Whoops forgot this; whoops forgot that" LOL! Awesome pictures. And I'm definitely trying this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa I tell ya I seriously don't know what happened!! Can't blame it on the wine because the recipe doesn't call for it LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...