Tuesday, November 2, 2010

MOPS' Bible Study

Over this past Summer I did my very first Bible Study.  The Study was Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study of David.  The study was amazing.  I didn't make every class but for the classes that I missed, I borrowed the DVDs and made sure to catch up.  I felt a need for a change within myself after taking this study that I decided to do MOPS this Fall and join in on their Bible Study.

However complications with the pregnancy and battling Hyperemesis prevented me from going to the meetings.  But thankfully I bought the book and have been doing the study on my own.  Two days ago I decided to start over because I needed to refocus and have a fresh start.  Before, I didn't feel like my heart was truly into because I was so focused on the baby and trying to get out of bed everyday to take care of Gabriel.

This year MOPS is doing the study The Mission of Motherhood:Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity.  I am praying that this book speaks to me just as much if not more than this Summer's Bible Study. 

From Chapter 1 one of the most powerful sentences that stood out to me was "As important as my role is, and as important as my children are, they are not to be the center of my life....."  "That would not only make for very selfish children, but it could even become a form of idolatry."

I see so many women now a days putting their children first.  Ignoring their husband.  More than anything ignoring their own hopes and dreams.  With this I have been around and witnessed some of the most rudest children as well.  It breaks my heart because I wonder how these children will be in the future with their jobs, own marriages, and how Godly they truly will be. 

Nathan and I want our children to experience the world and have things we didn't have growing up.  However, we truly try everyday to raise Gabriel in a way that when he becomes an adult, he will have respect, manner, integrity, and more than anything, be a man of God.  Shoot, my goal is for when Gabriel goes to school and witnesses something wrong, he will already have many of these qualities instilled in him to stand up for what is right.

Don't get me wrong there on days when Gabe is cranky or asking for something over and over again that I would love to give in but I don't.  I truly believe it is best to set ground rules now and stick to them.  For when he is older and continues to try me, he will know it won't get him anywhere. 

As for my marriage, I know there are days that I neglect it.  I focus so much on being a SAHM taking care of the house, meals, cleaning, and Gabriel, that by the time Nathan gets home I just want me time.  This is where communication is one of the keys to a successful marriage.  To communicate that even though I am a SAHM I still need help so I can have energy to be the best wife I can be.  Marriage is an everyday working process.  I am thankful that both Nathan and I see this.  We don't have a perfect marriage but man it is a great one.  We argue, don't always see eye to eye, but we always come back to each other and work through it.  For both of us want to know each other when our children are off celebrating their own marriages!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...