Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sausage and Penne Marinara - Recipe!!

I posted the picture of the finished meals before I posted the recipe - woops.  Here is the recipe and like always *ENJOY*!!!  I think I might need to come up with a catching phrase like Paula Deen or Rachel Ray have after they cook their meals......

2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 lb. Italian sausage links, cut into 1-in. pieces
1 large onion, halved and sliced (since I ALWAYS cry when dealing with onions I only made it through half of cutting the onion)
1 medium green pepper, sliced
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 can (14-1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes, cut up (I put in pan and used spoon with the heat to cut up)
1 can (8oz)  tomato sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Grated Parmesan cheese, optional

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.  Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through.

Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture.  Sprinkle with cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...