Monday, August 16, 2010

Niiiice - New Cookbook for Me!! **Update**

**So Nathan and Gabriel both loved it so much they had two helpings!!! Me, not so much.  I felt like it was too much Spinach and next time will cut the Spinach in half.  Also, when I made it for Becky I added lots of Garlic Powder.  I didn't this time and it was missing.  ENJOY!!**

Went to the ever beloved Sam's a couple of days ago and bought Southern Living All-Time Favorites, Cook Book.  This cookbook is fabulous!!! Over 500 recipes, many pictures, and easy to follow.  Last night I made Chicken-n-Spinach Pasta Bake from the cookbook and delivered it to a fabulous friend, Becky.  I didn't follow the recipe exactly since she needed no onions in their meal(s).  I tried a bite of the bake to make sure what I was delivering wasn't a total disaster.  Man it was good.  So tonight I am making it again but following the recipe as given and hoping my family loves it - ENJOY!!

Chicken-n-Spinach Pasta Bake (will upload pictures after I make it tonight, promise!)
-8 oz uncooked rigatoni
-1 Tbs Olive Oil
-1 cup finely chopped onion
-1 (10oz) Frozen Chopped Spinach
-3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
-1 (14.5 oz) Italian-style diced tomatoes
-1 (8oz) container chive-and-onion cream cheese
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese

-Prepare rigatoni according to package directions
-Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11x7 inch baking dish; add onion in a single layer
-Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or just until tender.  Transfer onion to a large bowl, and set aside
-Drain chopped spinach weel, pressing between layers of paper towels.
-Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken, and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl.  Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
-Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly. 

Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...