Monday, August 23, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Recipe - Delish!!

Before I post the recipe, what a weekend we have had!!!  I am still behind posting about out Loveland Castle and Jungle Jim's trip last week but I promise I will get to it.  This past weekend was ALL about babies!!!  Saturday we celebrated a Baby Shower for Jessica.  Her and her husband are expecting their first in October.  Then Saturday night I got the call that our friend Jen was in labor....well so she thought.  Went over to their house and stayed for a few hours while she walked, breathed, and decided it wasn't time to go to the hospital yet.  So went home to finally get the call at 4:44 am, went back to their house to say with their first born, and off they went to the hospital.  6:49 am and finally after 9 months and 14 days later, their baby girl arrived!!!  Life is so amazing I tell you.  I went up to the hospital to visit with Jen and new baby today.  Ended up staying a few hours becuase I just couldn't let go of baby girl.  8 lbs 6 oz and so beautiful!!! 

Okay here is what we had for dinner tonight.  I must say I was happily surprised on how easy and YUMMY this dish is!!  Even Nathan smiled and said "Babe that is good!"
-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves (5oz each)
-1/4 t. salt
-1/4 t. pepper
-2 eggs (I used one because that is all I had)
-1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
-3 T. canola oil
-1/4 c. buffalo wing sauce
-1/4 c. shredded provolone cheese (didn't have)
-1/4 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness (didn't flatten b/c didn't have time)
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs
Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl
Dip chicken in eggs, then coat with bread crumbs

In large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 7-10 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, adding wing sauce during the last 2 minutes 
Turn to coat chicken (I only coated one side with wing sauce).  Sprinkle with cheeses.  Cover and cook until cheese is melted.

**Enjoy**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...