Monday, February 15, 2010

When the Saints go marching....

They win their first EVER Super Bowl!!

We had a Mardi Gras Super Bowl party in honor of Mardi Gras and the Saints playing in the Super Bowl. Just so happened that Nathan's team was in the Super Bowl too - Colts. Now I like sports and really enjoy football but truly find it so boring to watch on TV. I prefer to watch just about any sport live, in action, and cheering with fans. This being said Super Bowl is really the only time of the year that I will actually watch Sports on TV. Well, besides the Olympics.



Super Bowl day came and Nathan and I had a discussion about who I "cheer" for. I say I cheer for the Chiefs because I was born in Kansas City but if I were to be honest, I probably should be cheering the Saints on. Especially since Louisiana is the state that I have lived the longest in my entire life. I mean I LOVE Louisiana - the food, culture, people, history, and the list goes on and on. However I just can't seem to say Who Dat or wear Black and Gold. So for now I say go Chiefs and even screamed it out once during the Super Bowl LOL!!!!

The party was amazing. Food was beyond delicious - Red Beans and Rice, Beignets, King Cakes (cherry and cream cheese), Jambalya, Natchitoches Meat Pies, and so much more. I am so thankful for all our friends who could come out and celebrate Louisiana, Mardi Gras, and the Super Bowl with us. I did feel bad for my hubby not being able to celebrate for his team on a victory but I was thrilled for Louisiana - Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez

1st time to make meat pies - they were so good!!!
Do need to work on presentation though

Our "green" cooler

Beignets
Cherry King Cake
Brandon found one of the babies
He has to bring the King Cake next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...