Friday, February 19, 2010

Lent.....40 Days

So I am not catholic and don't really have a certian religion. I do believe in God and try to be a Christian in his eyes. I have never really did Lent before but I thought I would give it a try this year. So for two days now I have givin up Sweets - brownie, cake, ice cream, cookies, candy, etc., Soda, and Fast Food - oh how I do miss Chick-Fil-A already!!

Now this being said, I have decided to alter what I am giving up. I am a HUGE sweet lovin person. I know that if I give up sweets for 40 days I will fail and then get upset about failing. So instead I am only going to allow myself one sweet a week. This is a huge thing for me because I truly could eat, sometimes do, every day/night. Now for the Soda no biggie. I used to enver drink Soda and somehow started drinking the stuff. After ready how horrible the diet and non-diet drinks are I am/will stop drinking soda. Fast Food another no biggie. I really only eat at Sonic, Chick-Fil-A, Tim Hortons, and Penn Station.

My goal is after 40 days I will be in my workout routine. Soda and Fast Food junk will be out of my system - except for an occassional treat to the above places. But most importantly, I would have calmed down my sweet tooth cravings to once a week and possibly even less.

See you guys on the flip sound! Pray for my husband and child as I win the battle of sweet cravings....gonna need Jesus big time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...