Monday, February 21, 2011

Mindful Monday

Today is President's Day.  I truly wonder at times what some of the 1st Presidents would feel about where our Country is today in aspect of politics, technology (would they be Facebookers and send out Tweets), the economy and so forth.  Makes me wonder! 

I am however thankful for Nathan having this Monday off.  Having today off is a great way to end a fabulous weekend.  Surprise visit from Ohio friends, fabulous 70 plus degree weather, and spending time as a family.  What is even better is sticking to my commitment of not being on the computer while Gabriel is awake. 

As in, staying off FB, not checking emails, and even trying to leave my phone alone.  There are times where I get on the computer to look something up for our schooling, a recipe, or reply back to a few important emails but overall I am trying to unplug from technology when my child/family needs me the most. 

I wasn't 100% successful of staying off FB this weekend but it is a start in the right direction.  I found myself logging into FB while hubster ran into Lowe's or filling up with gas.  I "liked" a few status and commented on others.  But then made myself log off.  At least I don't get alerts on my phone whenever someone posts or writes things....I am not that bad or that nosy. 

Bath time is about over (hubster is doing bath time so I can get in a quick Mindful Monday post) and we are going to play in the Sensory Boxes today.  Can't wait to see what Gabriel thinks of them.  They are a work in progress since I used things around the house or a quick trip to the Dollar Tree to put them together. 

Hope you all are having a FANTASTIC President's Day, Mindful Monday, and trying to live for positive impacts within yourself and your family.  Remember that no one is perfect and it is okay to fail.  Just remember to get back up, dust yourself off, and keep going.

Photo taken from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...