Monday, January 31, 2011

Air Force Travels and Cookbook

With the Air Force life I will travel and live in several if not many different states and possibly countries.  To remember our travels, I try to have conversation pieces (art, furniture, glassware, etc) in my home to display these said travels.  From Mississippi I have this beautiful cross painting done by a local artist.  From Louisiana I have many items since I have lived there the longest.  Ohio is actually a gift from a dear friend.  A wall art piece that says Home Is Where the Air Force Sends Us.  Then little houses that I write what bases we have been to.  Not to mention I also make photo books of our adventures in said state we live. 

Anyway, I am also wanting to add to my cookbook stash.  When reading one of the blogs I follow I came across this cookbook - Best of the Best Cookbook: Louisiana (can be ordered HERE).

Photo courtesy of Amazon

It hit me!!!  How cool would it be to have cookbooks as well from each state/country I have lived in.  Yeah it might be overkill but I really love this idea.  So as I decided on which cookbook to get first (who I am kidding???  It will be Louisiana) I am trying to decide do I buy cookbooks from all the states/countries I have lived in when I was a Air Force Brat or just now as a Air Force Wife? 

Oh what the heck...they are cookbooks.  Can't go wrong with cookbooks can I?  Think I will do cookbooks from Air Force Brat and Wife :D

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo I have the perfect Ohio one for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! You know me, I need another cookbook like I need a hole in my head. LOL! I already have Georgia, Japan and Alaska covered. I never did get an Ohio cookbook though. Let me know if you find a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen I was to buy you the WP Wives Group Cookbook. Went back twice and each time they didn't have it. Was going to get me one as well. So once I find us Ohio cookbook will send you one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can get you one, Rach...or two! I'm in the OSC ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...