Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chili Cheese Log - Recipe

I have started my Christmas Eve baking today.  First thing made was my MIL's Chili Cheese Log.  It is one of my favorite cheese balls...ever!!!  One day I will learn how to roll it out perfectly like my MIL does.  Until then, I am just thankful it taste so yummy so that no one notices how weirdly shaped my log is.

Chili Cheese Log -
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1lb. Velveeta (block)
2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional (I never use)
Chili Powder (full bottle)
Tabasco to taste (1/2 to 1 t. - I tend to add more because I like spice)


Mix all cheese by kneading together
Add pecans and Tabasco
Split cheese mixture in half
Using wax paper, roll each half of cheese into long, skinny logs
Coat evenly with Chili Powder (I coat till no cheese can be seen)

Place in frig to chill and harden
Eat with Ritz crackers or Butter Toll House crackers
**Your hands will be extremely sticky with cheese.  So don't do what I normal do and forget to open all the caps to the bottles before you dig in to mix the cheese**

Finished look

The next picture is one of my favorite treats from Dorothy Lane Market.  It is the Carmel covered popcorn drizzled with milk and white chocolate AND more caramel.  It is just pure bliss in my mouth!!  I will miss then when we move but thank goodness DLM ships.

DLM's Carmel Popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...