Friday, July 23, 2010

Cowboy kinda mood...

Two years ago my fabulous hubby bought me a Kitchenaid mixer. I finally broke it out of the box and have used it four times now - this thing is AMAZING!!!!!! Anywho, so I have this recipe from my Madison St. Mom called Cowboy cookies. Everything you can think of are in these cookies - peanut butter, chocolate chips, oatmeal, and coconut....ohhh how I LOVE coconut. So here are the cookies that I made followed by Nachos - NACHOS!!!!!!!

Cowboy Cookie Recipe
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup brown sugar 2 cups regular oatmeal
2 eggs 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups all-purpose flour 7 oz. coconut
1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 cup peanut butter, optional

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter in a large mixing bowl: add sugars mixing well. Add eggs, vanilla and peanut butter.
Combine flour, soda and salt: add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheet. bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet immediately and cool on wire racks.

Yield: 4 dozen.
Freezes well. Place two cookies back to back wrapping in plastic wrap.

**After trying for 10 minutes to upload pictures, I hear Gabriel waking up. So will upload pictures later and info about Nachos too. Off to celebrate Pancake Friday with just Gabe and I**

1 comment:

  1. MMMMM sounds yummy! Can't wait to try these cookies with my Kitchenaid mixer that a FABULOUS friend of mine picked up for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...