Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pizza Pizza!!!!

Tonight we had our friends the Yingling family over for Make Your Own Pizza night. They have three beautiful children and one on the way (December). The kids ended up not making it (went to mom/grandparent's house) so just John and Faith came. We had a blast making our own pizzas. Faith mixed up the dough, I made homemade sauce, and then we loaded it up with toppings - pepperoni, pesto, tomato sauce, cheese, sausage, bacon, chicken, banana peppers, and mushrooms. Mind you, not all these toppings went on one pizza. These are the toppings we had to use to make different pizzas. Faith also made these really yummy chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

What started this all, was me telling Nathan about when I was little we used to make our own pizzas and have pizza night. I don't remember how often we did this but I remember loving every moment of making our own pizza!! Then it hit me - I have a family of my own and we need to start making traditions. Even though Gabe is to little right now to enjoy pizza, I know one day he will think he has really "cool" parents when it comes to Pizza Night at the May House and all the many many traditions I have floating in my head!!

On a side note, one of my favorite things is watching Nathan curl his lip whenever I have idea (which to be fair to him....I have TONS of ideas :) ). Then once we do my idea, his response is "WOW!!! That was great". It melts my heart to see Nathan try something new for the 1st time and then tell me thanks. I like to call him my "old man" because he is usually first to disagree or grumble about doing something new and out of his comfort zone.

Overall, tonight was a great night with laughter, sharing stories, and making plans for this season FOOTBALL!!!! I truly look forward to making more traditions with Nathan and Gabriel (future children too)! P.S. sorry but I forgot to take pictures of the pizzas we made tonight. We were to hungry and the pizzas looked too good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...